The Breast Center offers surgical consultations for patients who have questions or concerns regarding breast care or breast cancer. Surgeons with specialized training in breast surgery are available for consultation five days a week. Appointments can be made to see a surgeon within 24 hours.
Breast Cancer Surgery:
- Breast conservation surgery
- Mastectomy with or without immediate reconstruction
- Reconstructive surgery
- Sentinel node biopsies with radioactive isotope and blue dye evaluation
Benign Breast Care
- Fibrocystic breast changes
- Nipple discharge
- Breast pain (mastodynia)
- Breast masses with immediate fine needle aspiration evaluation and cytopathological
- Risk assessment
All patients who receive a positive diagnosis of cancer have their cases reviewed at a multidisciplinary conference comprised of specialists in radiology, pathology, surgery, oncology, radiation oncology and nursing.