Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center was founded in 1897 and is the largest Catholic hospital in the New England. Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center has 617 licensed beds and 65 bassinets and is committed to health and healing through excellence, compassionate care and a reverence for the spirituality of each person.
Our Core Values:
- Respect - we honor the worth and dignity of those we serve and with whom we work.
- Integrity - we are faithful, trustworthy and just.
- Service - we reach out to the community, especially those most in need.
- Leadership - we encourage initiative, creativity, learning and research.
- Stewardship - we care for and strengthen resources entrusted to us.
The Department of Pharmacy
The Department of Pharmacy provides a broad range of clinical pharmacy services. The pharmacy employs a staff of over 100 professionals and technicians. The pharmacy serves inpatients and outpatients at two main campuses. Clinical services are decentralized at both sites, and our pharmacists are actively involved in:
- general internal medicine
- cardiology intensive care
- medical/surgical intensive care
- emergency medicine
- inpatient hematology/oncology
- operating room
- outpatient hematology/oncology
- behavioral health
- medication safety
- various primary care settings
- rehabilitation medicine
- investigational drugs
- outpatient psychiatric care
- outpatient HIV/ID
Medication distribution is highly automated, and computerized prescriber-order entry is utilized system-wide. The mission of the Department of Pharmacy is to provide efficient, cost-effective and clinically excellent patient-directed pharmaceutical care to all customers in the Saint Francis community through dedication, education and continuous quality improvement.