The Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Care at Saint Francis includes Connecticut’s oldest comprehensive diabetes outpatient service. We were the first in Connecticut to receive certification as a Quality Diabetes Education Program from the American Diabetes Association, and we have maintained this distinction ever since. This recognition assures patients that our Diabetes Care programs meet the ADA’s teaching standards, and that they will receive information on diabetes that is based on the most recent scientific research provided by experienced certified diabetes educators.
The mission of the The Center for Diabetes and Metabolic Care at Saint Francis is to provide comprehensive education, training, and support to individuals with diabetes and metabolic disorders and their families. The goal of this program is to encourage interventions, including self-management and medical treatment, that will lead to improved control, a decrease in complications, and a heightened sense of patient empowerment.
- Serve as a resource for area medical providers in assisting patients with management of their diabetes or metabolic condition
- Assist participants in the achievement of optimal symptom control
- Develop individualized treatment regimens that lessen or prevent diabetes- or metabolic disorder-related complications
- Provide a resource for meeting the educational and emotional needs of individuals with diabetes or metabolic disorders and their families
- Provide tools for self-care