Saint Francis now offers a collection of services to provide interpretation and translation of documents that help patients who are deaf, hard of hearing, or have limited English proficiency. These services are referred to as the 3 + 1 Language Services Program.
Learn how to request Language Services (pdf) ...
The 3 Interpretation Resources include:
- Telephone interpreting: Dual Handset Phones are available for 3 way telephone communication connecting the patient and provider with an offsite interpreter in over 150 languages.
- Video Remote interpreting: Video Remote Interpreter machines (VRI), also known as MARTTIS are used to interpret via video with an offsite interpreter. They are available in over 100 languages and American Sign Language (ASL).
- In-person interpreting: Interpreters should be scheduled ahead whenever possible and appropriate to use. In-person interpreters are available in over 80 languages including American Sign Language.
The +1 Translation Resource includes:
- Translation of written materials: Translation of documents or forms used across the hospital are available via Infonet.
Established at Saint Francis in 2012 in association with the Connecticut Hospital Association’s Diversity Collaborative
Our GOALS (similar to those set out by the American Hospital Association’s Equity of Care Initiative):
- Increase collection and use of REAL (Race, Ethnicity, and Language) data
- Improve cultural competency in the delivery of care
- Expand diversity in hospital governance and senior management
We are committed to affirming the value of each patient, employee, vendor, visitor and community member by honoring and embracing individuality while incorporating it into our every action.
To learn more please visit The Saint Francis Diversity Collaborative Team Website at: http://www.saintfranciscare.com/Diversity.aspx. You can also read this informational handout (pdf)...
Community Benefits are categorized into three broad areas which include: Charity Care, Government-Sponsored Healthcare, and Community Benefit Services. Activities are carried out to improve community health and are usually subsidized by the healthcare organization. Four groupings within this category include: Community Health Education, Community-Based Clinical Services, Healthcare Support Services and Other Community Health Improvement Services.
Read our latest Community Benefits Annual Report (pdf)...