Michael E. Cucka, M.D.
July 1993 To Present BRISTOL ORTHOPAEDICS, LLC
641 Clark Avenue
Bristol, CT 06010
POST GRADUATE TRAINING
- 1988 – 6/93 UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA-IRVINE MEDICAL CENTER
- Residency: Orthopedic Surgery, completion in 6/93.
- Internship: Rotating Surgical, 6/89.
- Training Hospitals: University of CA-Irvine Medical Center,
- Long Beach Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Kerlan & Jobe
- Orthopedic Clinic/Centinela Hospital, Rancho Los Amigos
- Medical Center, Children’s Hospital of Orange County.
- Honors: Chief Resident during PGY V year, 1992-93.
- 1984-1988 RUSH MEDICAL COLLEGE
Degree: Doctor of Medicine, 6/88
Honors: Member of Alpha Omega Alpha, elected in Junior year; selected for Surgical Clerkship at Guy’s Hospital, London, UK.
- 1980-1984 NORTHWESTERN UNIVERSITY
Degree: Bachelor of Arts, 6/84
Major: Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology
Minor: Music Performance and Music Therapy
Honors: Alpha Lambda Delta Scholastic Honorary
CERTIFICATE AND LICENSURE
- Orthopedic Surgery, Board Certified (ABOS), 7/95
- State of Connecticut, 5/93
- Licensure Endorsement Certification-National Board of
Federal DEA certificate, 1/90
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Fellow 2/97
- CT State Medical Society, 1993
- Hartford County Medical Association, 1993
- “Quantitative Assessment of the Anterior Drawer sign with
Respect to the Lateral Ligamentous Injury of the Ankle”
Michael E. Cucka and Christopher Jordan. Presented at
Research Day, Rancho Los Amigos Medical Center (Downey,CA),
- Senior Paper Day, University of CA-Irvine Medical Center, 6/92.
Joint Replacement to Restore Motion and Renew Vitality
Total knee, hip, and shoulder replacement surgery, as well as other surgical and non-surgical treatment for rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis of the joints.