12 servings | 3/4 cup each
- 2 cups fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh sage
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced carrot
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1 1/2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups whole roasted bottled chestnuts
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced celery
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 400°. Combine rice, broth, 2 cups water, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Partially cover, reduce heat, and simmer 40 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally. (Do not drain.) Place rice in a large bowl; cover.
- Bake chestnuts on baking sheet at 400° for 15 minutes. Cool slightly; cut chestnuts into quarters.
- Soak cranberries in a small bowl of hot water for 20 minutes, or until soft. Drain and add to rice.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add carrot, onion, and celery; cook 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in herbs; remove from heat. Add to rice mixture. Stir in remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, chestnuts, and pepper.
- Spoon rice mixture into a 13 x 9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 400° for 10 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 213 Calories
- 2 g Fat
- 1 g Sat Fat
- 4 mg Cholesterol
- 44 g Carbohydrates
- 6 g Protein
- 4 g Fiber
- 182 mg Sodium