We work with patients with acute and chronic injuries and diseases, helping to improve functional abilities, range of motion, and strength, while decreasing pain, muscle spasms, inflammation, and other debilitating conditions. Our staff works with each patient throughout the treatment process to coordinate care with primary care physicians and specialists and ensure the highest quality of care.
Outpatient sites are available for your added convenience. Warm water aquatic therapy is available at the 490 Blue Hills Avenue and the West Hartford locations. Make an appointment today by calling 860-714-3500.
Day Treatment Program
Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital’s Day Treatment Program provides services for people with brain injury and stroke who are able to live at home, but whose daily lives can be improved through organized, intensive outpatient therapy.
Patients accepted into our Day Treatment Program will have met the following criteria:
- They were referred by a physician.
- They have sustained brain injury as a result of trauma, stroke, or other cause.
- They are capable of scheduling a minimum of two different therapies, two or more times per week.
- They are medically stable; any previously life-threatening conditions have been brought under control.
- They are independent with self-medication, transfers, and toileting, or have a companion to provide the necessary assistance.
- They are not exhibiting severe or disruptive anger, or severe anxiety or depression that would interfere with participation in therapy.
- They are able to participate in a group therapy program.
For more information on the Day Treatment Program at Mount Sinai Rehabilitation Hospital or to schedule an evaluation, please call 860-714-2210 or e-mail email@example.com. Referral from a physician is required. Insurance pre-certification will be completed by the Day Treatment Program prior to scheduling ongoing therapy.