Clinical trials have the potential to:
- Improve disease outcomes.
- Enable patients to contribute to the development of improved therapies.
- There is no financial costs to patients admitted to the studies.
- Study medications, laboratory tests and examinations are paid for by the study program.
- Patients’ primary doctors are consulted prior to participation in the studies for approval.
- Patients continue to see their doctors on a regular basis.
The Section of Pulmonary Medicine is seeking patients with the following diseases for clinical trials:
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Asthma
- Richard ZuWallack, M.D.
- Daniel Gerardi, M.D.
- Bimalin Lahiri, M.D.
- Phyllis Schatz, M.D.
- Asher Qureshi, M.D.
- Prashant Grover, M.D.
- Corliss McCuster, R.N.
- Elaine Swart, R.R.T.