Care For The Total Person
This program provides comprehensive health care and counseling services to adolescent and young adults 13 to 21 years old. Adolescents and young adults have special needs. Rapid growth and development, both physical and emotional, are stressful. "Am I normal?" is a key issue. We provide primary care. Clients have a chance to choose their own provider. We maintain confidentiality and create a supportive atmosphere.
- Complete physical examination and screening laboratory studies.
- Treatment for acute medical problems.
- Diagnosis and treatment of chronic problems with referral to specialists as needed. We have special programs for diabetes and asthma.
- Nutrition assessment and counseling.
- Reproductive health care.
- Gynecological care tailored to the needs of adolescents and young adults.
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted diseases.
- Assessment and treatment of psychosocial problems.
- Assessment and treatment of substance abuse problems.
- Individual and family therapy.
- Stress management services including biofeedback, self hypnosis, visual imagery and relaxation training.
- Coordination of referrals as needed and collaboration with schools.
We Help Adolescents And Young Adults
- Define their individual needs.
- Understand healthy growth and development.
- Become more responsible for their health care and life decisions.
- Cope with life stressors in a healthy way.
Where And When
You can find us in the Gengras Ambulatory Care Center
1000 Asylum Avenue
Hartford, CT 06105
We are open:
Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
No client is denied service because of inability to pay. A sliding scale is used. The billing procedure is flexible. The client’s right to confidentiality is assured.
The program is a training site for health profession students on a college and graduate level. We welcome volunteers to work with us.
All the counseling, health and nutrition staff have special training in providing quality care to adolescents and young adults. These providers include:
Peter Hough, Ed.D.
Stephen King, Ph.D.
Kerri Langevin, A.P.R.N.
Aric Schichor, M.D
Elaine Yordan, M.D.
||Sylvia Hughes, R.N.
||Margaret Whitaker, R.D.