A Saint Francis Hospital nurse will contact you several days prior to your surgery to ensure all medical issues have been identified and addressed.
You will be asked to provide medical history and medication information during this pre-surgical call. The call can be completed much more quickly if you have the following information at hand:
- Prescribed medications with dosage and frequency, such as blood pressure meds, insulin, inhalers, eye drops, etc.
- Over-the-counter (OTC), herbals, vitamins, any supplements
- Allergies to medications, foods, dyes, latex and environmental
- Surgical and medical history
- Name and phone number of your pharmacy
- Name and phone number of your primary care physician
- Name and phone number of any specialists, i.e. cardiologist, urologist, etc.
You may find the following suggestions helpful:
- Contact your pharmacy for a current list of your prescribed medications
- Have medication bottles available in one place so you can read the label information during the call