Ask yourself these questions:
- Did my pain begin after an accident, such as a car accident or a fall off a ladder?
- Is my pain ongoing and getting worse?
- Has my pain continued for more than four to six weeks?
- Is my pain severe, and hasn't improved after a few days of typical remedies, such as rest, ice and common pain relievers?
- Am I experiencing back and abdominal pain?
- Am I experiencing numbness or altered feelings in the upper inner thighs, groin area, buttock, or genital area?
- Am I experiencing neurological symptoms, such as weakness, numbness or tingling in the extremities – the leg, foot, arm, or hand?
- Am I experiencing unexplained fever or weight loss, and do I have a history of cancer?
- Am I experiencing sudden upper back pain -- particularly if I'm at risk for osteoporosis?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, call the Spine Institute of Connecticut at (860) 714-XXXX and make an appointment. We're waiting to hear from you!