In Case of Emergency...
Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center's Emergency/Trauma Center has the staff and resources to care for patients with the most severe, life-threatening injuries. Services include:
- Emergency medicine, trauma, neurosurgery, and orthopedic surgeons available at all times
- A three-tiered response to the trauma patient, promoting more effective utilization of resources to meet patient needs
- State-of-the-art trauma resuscitation room
- Point-of-care laboratory testing
- Immediate access to operating rooms
- Leading-edge imaging and technology to maximize accuracy of diagnosis and avoid surgery when possible
- Full-time trauma physicians with added qualifications in surgical critical care
- Reduced operative procedures, including bedside percutaneous tracheostomy for respiratory support, and bedside percutaneous gastrostomy/jejunostomy for nutritional support
- Early rehabilitation intervention for a broad spectrum of traumatic injury, including traumatic brain and spinal cord injuries
- Support services including case management, social, and behavioral health services.