4 out of 5 of the car seats nationally
are installed INCORRECTLY.
Could YOURS be one of them?
Click on the links below for some helpful information
Remember These Tips For Proper Use And Installation:
- Restrain your child & yourself on every trip, every time
- All Children up to age 8 and 80 pounds should be restrained in some form of child passenger restraint (according to their weigh and size), as adult seatbelts do not adequately protect children of this size.
- Keep your child in the back seat- AT LEAST until age 13
- Use the best safety restraint for your child's weight and size
- Like other consumer products, car seats are occasionally recalled. Send in your car seat registration card to be sure you’ll be notified. You can also call the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s Auto Safety Hotline, (888) 327-4236 or check the NHTSA website: Click here to search for recalls
- Read your car seat instruction manual and vehicle owner’s manual carefully for proper installation. The seat should be locked tightly against the vehicle seat – it should not move more than one inch forward or side to side through the belt path.
- Replace any car seat/seat belt that has been involved in a crash