How do I know if I have a pelvic floor disorder?
Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Early symptoms can be subtle, such as an inability to keep a tampon inside the vagina, dampness in underwear or discomfort caused by dryness during intercourse.
As the prolapse gets worse, some women complain of:
- A bulging, pressure or heavy sensation in the vagina that worsens by the end of the day or during bowel movements
- The feeling that they are “sitting on a ball”
- Needing to push stool out of the rectum by placing their fingers into the vagina during bowel movement
- Difficulty starting to urinate, a weak or spraying stream of urine
- Urinary frequency or the sensation that they are not emptying their bladder completely
- The need to lift up the bulging vagina or uterus to start urination
- Urine leakage with intercourse
Learn More ...