- 2006-2010: Minimally Invasive and Bariatric Surgeon, Minimally Invasive Surgeons of Greater Hartford.
- Trauma and Acute Care Surgeon, Department of Surgery, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center.
- 2005-Present: General Surgeon, Locum Tenens, Department of Surgery, Sharon Hospital.
- 2006-Present: Assistant Professor of Surgery, Medical School and Surgery Residency Program, University of Connecticut Health Center.
- 2006-Present: National Surgical Quality Improvement Project (NSQIP) Surgeon Champion, Saint Francis Hospital Department of Surgery and Surgical Quality.
- 2006-Present: Surgical Site Performance Improvement (SSPI) Member, SCIP Core Measures Task Force, Saint Francis Hospital Department of Surgical Quality.
- 2008-Present: Peer Review and Governance Project, Member, Revision Bylaws Task Force for Performance Review, Saint Francis Hospital Governance.
- 2008-Present: Saint Francis Hospital Minimally Invasive Robotics Team.
- 2008-Present: Saint Francis Hospital Bariatric Center of Excellence.
- 2005-2006: Fellowship, Advanced Laparoscopic and Bariatric Surgery, University of Connecticut Department of Surgery, Saint Francis Hospital and Medical Center.
- 2004-2005: Executive Chief Resident, University of California, San Diego Department of General Surgery, San Diego.
- 2003-2004: Senior Resident, University of California, San Diego Department of General Surgery, San Diego.
- 2002-2003: Post-doctoral Research Fellow, Surgical Oncology Research Training Fellowship, Rebecca and John Moores and the University of California, San Diego Comprehensive Cancer Center, La Jolla, Calif. Advisor: Anne M. Wallace, M.D., F.A.C.S.
- 2000-2002: Assistant Resident, University of California, San Diego Department of General Surgery, San Diego.
- 1999-2000: Intern, University of California, San Diego Department of General Surgery, San Diego.
- 2006: Board Certified, American Board of Surgery
- 2006: Advanced Trauma Life Support, American College of Surgeons
- 2000: National Board of Osteopathic Medical Examiners Certificate
- Drug Enforcement Agency Certificate
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- American Osteopathic Association
- American College of Surgeons
- American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- Southern California Osteopathic Medical Society
- Connecticut State Medical Society
- Hartford County Medical Society
- 1996-1999: Member, Medical Team, San Diego Gulls WCHL/ECHL ice hockey team.
- Nomination for Bariatric Surgery Fellow Award, ASBS Ellner, S.J., Myers T., Piorkowski, Jr., Barba, C., Presentation: Routine Cholecystectomy is not Mandatory during Morbid Obesity Surgery. ASBS annual meeting, San Francisco, June 2006.
- Chairperson's Award, University of California, San Diego Department of Surgery, May 2005.
- Appointed Executive Chief Surgical Resident for University of California, San Diego Department of Surgery, May 2004.
- First Place - San Diego Chapter of the American College of Surgeons Annual Resident Papaer Competition for Current Research in Surgery Award, April 2003. Ellner, S.J., Mendez, J., Hoh, C.K., Vera, D.R. Laparoscopic Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping of the Colon with Lymphoseek in a Pig Model.
- 41st Annual Kaiser Surgery Symposium, Palm Springs, Calif., May 2003, 1st Place Resident Paper Presentation. Ellner, S.J., Mendez, J., Hoh, C.K., Vera. Laparoscopic Sentinel Lymph Node Mapping of the Colon with Lymphoseek in a Pig Model.
- 1999 Recipient of the Parris Award and President's Award for academic excellence and ranking Number 1 each year of medical school.
- 1997, 1998, 1999 Listed in Who's Who among American Universities.