Important Dates & Times
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: September 23, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: October 8, 2016
The 2016 MS Brain Symposium invites submissions for poster presentations relevant to current or ongoing research in the field of, or related to, multiple sclerosis. Abstracts demonstrating how research influences clinical care and patient-related outcomes will be given priority.
Researchers, clinicians, faculty and students are encouraged to submit abstracts.
Research that demonstrates multi-disciplinary collaboration is encouraged.
Instructions for Submitting Abstracts
- Abstracts are limited to 2,500 characters, including spaces.
- Titles should be no more than 150 characters in length.
- Abstracts must be proofread; all authors are responsible for the submission.
- The provided submission template (.docx) should be utilized to ensure that you supply all required information, including a disclosure statement, email address, full name, degrees, and affiliations for each author. (Mac users: Click the link, choose 'Save as...' and choose docx format)
- Commercial support of an abstract will be considered and must be displayed appropriately.
- Submissions will be accepted in the form of a Word or PDF document emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 p.m. on September 23, 2016.
- Only fully completed submissions with all information listed on the template completed will be reviewed.
We are pleased to offer a reduced registration rate of $250 per presenter (maximum of 2 presenters will be granted the discounted rate per poster).
Register for the 2016 MS Brain Symposium
The work of authors who are industry employees will be considered, provided that the author(s) are employed in scientific and/or medical divisions. The work of authors who are employed in industry sales or marketing hosts will not be considered for inclusion in the scientific poster session. This policy shall apply to work submitted individually or in a co-authoring capacity.
Please contact us with any special requests or accommodations:
Notification: The author listed as the presenting author will be notified via email of acceptance or rejection of abstracts no later than October 8, 2016.
Registration: At least one author (and all who will be presenting) must register for the symposium. We are pleased to offer a reduced registration rate of $250 per presenter (maximum of 2 presenters will be granted the discounted rate per poster).
Poster Presentation Details
- Poster size: Posters must be printed at either 3 x 4 feet or 4 x 6 feet. Please be sure to indicate which of these two poster sizes you will be presenting.
- Poster presenter(s) are responsible for materials and supplies required to print and present the poster. No printing will be available on site or offered through the symposium.
- Poster presenter(s) must be available to bring and hang their printed poster during the designated times. Tacks, easels, and hanging location will be provided.
- Posters will be displayed throughout the duration of the symposium and must be hung on Friday, October 28, 2016, 7 - 8 a.m. A representative located next to the registration area will show you where to display your poster.
- A formal poster viewing session will be held on Friday, October 28, 5 - 8 p.m. Authors will be expected to stand by their work and be available for discussion 6 - 7:30 p.m.
- An informal poster viewing session will be held on Saturday, October 29, 2 - 3 p.m. during the patient-oriented program. Author attendance is not mandatory during this viewing session.
- Poster breakdown will be on Saturday, October 29, 3 - 4 p.m. Authors will be responsible for the breakdown of their posters.
The title and author(s) name(s) of accepted abstracts will be published in the 2016 MS Brain Symposium program and will be posted on the symposium website www.2016msbrain.com.
Comments to Organizers
If you have any special accommodations or questions regarding abstract submission, please email email@example.com or call (860) 714-2947.